ACCRINGTON BENJAMIN HARGREAVES CE (VA) PRIMARY SCHOOL
Pupil Premium Policy
The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is additionalto main school funding.
It is used to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible.
Pupil Premium is provided for the following groups of children:
- those entitled to free school meals;
- “looked after children” or those who have been adopted;
- children whose parents are currently serving in the Armed Forces.This service premium is designed to address the emotional and social well-being of these pupils.
- The Pupil Premium will be used to provide additional educational support to improve the progress and to raise the standard of achievement for these pupils.
- The funding will be used to narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils and their peers.
- As far as its powers allow School will use the additional funding to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupil Premium and others.
- We will ensure that the additional funding reaches the pupils who need it most and that it makes a significant impact on their education and lives.
- The Pupil Premium Grant will be clearly identifiable within the School Budget.
- The Headteacher, in consultation with the Governors and staff, will decide how the Pupil Premium is spent for the benefit of entitled pupils.
- The School will assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils.
- The School will be accountable for how it has used the additional funding to support the achievement of those pupils covered by the Pupil Premium and the Headteacher will report to the Governing Body and parents on how effective the intervention has been in achieving its aims.
- The School will publish information about how we have used the Pupil Premium on the School Website.
- We will ensure that parents, governors and others are made fully aware of the attainment of pupils covered by the Premium.
- We will seek to further develop strategies and interventions which can improve the progress and attainment of these pupils.
- We will track the impact of the strategies put into place through the funding to ensure that we can show the value that has been added to the education of the entitled children.
- We will monitor, evaluate and review the success of the impact of the Pupil Premium funding.
- We will ensure that these pupils are treated equally and as favourably as others and that the additional funding is used well to address the challenges they face.
- Through wise use of this additional funding we are fully committed to ensuring that the individual needs of each entitled child are met.
- The School will use the additional funding to promote the achievement and progress of all entitled pupils. As a result of the additional funding it is hoped that these children will make better progress and achieve higher standards than would have been likely without it.
Review date: September 2019